Monday, August 31, 2009

SUMMERS END #2

And a fishing we went. And had many successful days, minus Fish Lake. We went to Cottonwood Reservoir to try and catch something different besides trout. We got into some nice little catfish. I personally thought they were disgusting. But as you can see the kids had a blast. They thought the release was much more fun than the catch. They are braver than me. I won't even touch them. No, no, now I haven't gone all girly on ya. I just don't like catfish. I will still gut a trout. But ew, don't make me touch those ugly, stinky, poky catfish.
In case you haven't noticed. I don't like them. But as you can see Preston likes to rub his cookie on them, then eat them. I am sure not on purpose, but hey he is Jon's boy. Loves the outdoors and all the extra spices and seasonings that come with the food.

And who can forget the crawdad fishing. I think this was one of Gavin's favorite things to do. Especially when he stuck it on his Dad's arm. Jon still has the marks to prove it did hurt.
And who could forget the birthdays. Not me my little baby turned 2. That is the age where they are officially not a baby anymore. I am so sad!! However, as you all know he will always be my baby. Isn't he the sweetest little thing. I promise he is not spoiled, too much. Just ask him, he's the boss. He isn't even afraid to tell Jon that.

And my Gavin has turned 8. He has been looking forward to this day for a long time. He now gets to start scouts and of course be baptized. My oldest is 8. AGH!!

And who could forget our favorite thing about summer 2009, hanging out with family. We were fortunate enough to go to the cabin's at Jon's work and hang out with his family. The kids had so much fun. Here is Payson and Grumpa Donald watching everyone catch the crawdads. While Jon tries to convince Jakey that there really are fish in the ponds. Now to the craziness of school, dance and more sports starting!! Good bye summer, till nxt year!!

No comments: